Vishu 2009
With two young corporate go-getters and today being a weekday, this year’s Vishu celebrations at our house is a bit subdued than previous years. But trying to be a good mother, you do your best. And so after Kochunni went to bed yesterday, I set up a small Kani. Today after waking up early, I lit the diyas and woke up the husband and then took the sleeping Kochunni to the puja area to show him the wonderful sight. This is the tricky thing, since Kani needs to be seen before sunrise, it was quite early for him. He opened his eyes and quickly turned away, trying to get away from the bright lights, still in his sleep. I figured that is good enough and took him back to bed.
With a few hours at hand, after bath I made the traditional “quick and easy” semiya payasam and some breakfast. After getting Kochunni’s lunch box ready, I went out to get some flowers from the front yard to make a pookalam(flower-kolam). Luckily the roses were in full bloom and just like last year I set up a small pookalam in front of the house and inside, near the puja area. Soon Kochunni was awake and it felt like any other day with the morning activites to get him ready. He was a bit surprised with the Vishukaineetam and was happy to play with the silver coin he received from us. And that was it, as for the celebrations for today.
It will be a long day at work and the regular temple visit will probably have to be postponed. But thinking about the yummy payasam I made earlier today, almost makes up for not really having a big sadya (feast) at lunch. (you know where my priorities lies :D)
Here's wishing you all a very prosperous & happy Vishu!
4 comments:
Happy Vishu!
~ CA - Thank you!
belated vishu and easter wishes...
semiya payasam... yummy :-)
~ Tessie - Happy Vishu to you too.
~ KM - Oh this one is a toughie! :)
Post a Comment