Jadoo ki jhappi
Today morning as I was getting ready to leave, I asked Kochunni for a hug, but since he was buried in his cars, he barely even looked up. This is often the scene in the morning and sometimes I have to ask for a hug a couple of times, before I get one. Today for some reason he was totally not interested.
As I started to do the last minute mad rush - pick up of my bags (laptop, lunch, purse), check his lunch bag, I asked for a hug again. Kochunni looked up and told me there was a traffic jam. For a second,
I did not understand, was he predicting my commute? And then realization dawned, that it was his McQueen that was stuck behind the school bus, the fire truck and something else. I laughed and asked him to move McQueen to another route.
As I left my bags in the car, and walked back to get my phone he asked me for his glass of milk. I gave it to him and kept looking for my phone. Finally everything was set, and as I headed to the door I asked him again for a little hug. He looked at me and just stood there. Just then the clock chimed 8.30 – I knew I was late and I exclaimed that I might now be late to pick up the little guy in the evening , just in a general sort of a way.
Kochunni did not like that one bit and immediately yelled a big NO! I smiled and suddenly inspiration stuck and I told him to give me a "magical" hug – a hug that will make sure that there is no traffic on the road, that my day goes well at work and ensure that I can be home in time. He looked skeptical, but as I claimed that only his hugs had the magic and Amma needed one every day, he walked up to me and gave me a really big, tight hug.
And as it turns out, there was no traffic on the roads and even though usually it takes me 45 minutes, today I was in the office in 25 minutes. Kochunni might not remember his magical hug tomorrow but I for one would love a few more, everyday, traffic or no traffic!
6 comments:
u never know... tomorrow he might remind u abt it :-)
a big bear hug to both of you from me :-)
Awww..how sweet! :D
Ahh... so sweet.
All we need is a smile, a kiss or a hug from our sweet little one, and life is all good again.
Seriously, i feel, more than Jason needs me, I need him :)
~ Tessie - Well he did not remember, but when I asked him for a magic hug, he immediately came running. So all is not lost! :)
~ nm - :D
~ Lijy - I know, and husband says I am spoiling him. Who cares! ;)
thats so sweet! :)
K is a cutiepie!
and you have been tagged!
` Abha - :D Will take the tag soon
Post a Comment