Sad little me
Kutie started daycare today (with my parents going back to India in 2 weeks) we decided to ease him in. The whole weekend, knowing that the little guy will have troubles up ahead, made me sad and disappointed. I wished and prayed for a miracle – maybe the president would change the rule and let grandparents stay for years rather than the six months if you have the visa, maybe the company I work at would pull a new policy for mommies to work at times that suit them and not the regular 8 hours, maybe I could win a million dollars and not have to pay tax on it either.
Since none of the possibilities came true over the weekend, I moved my prayers to hope and wish that the daycare will be a smooth ride for Kutie, hopefully he will make friends easily and adjust quickly.
With all our prayers, honey dropped him off and as expected he cried straight for ½ hour. I had asked my mom to stay back, just so that it might help him, but smart as he is, he was pretty sure on what was happening. He kept calling for his dad and after a while “poova” (let’s go) to his grandma. When I spoke to the day care ‘aunty’ she was of the opinion that I should just leave the little guy alone from tomorrow and that he would adjust quicker. I beg to differ; wouldn’t it scare the hell out of the little guy? Wouldn’t it feel like his parents just ditched him off?
Apart from this, was this other email at work that I need to attend a seminar for a week in Vegas – this means not only me being away from my little one that I will need to deal with myself, but also the fact that the two guys will be left alone to deal with themselves. With no family near, I cannot turn to anyone for help for the 4 days I will be away. The seminar is months away, and hopefully Kutie will adjust to day care by then and honey can drop him off for a couple of hours and work from home … but these are all “what if” situations that scare the heck out of me!
4 comments:
Don't worry K3 we have to face it..I am yet to experience this is the month of March..when my Mom goes back..I really wished what ever you said could happen..
Aryan's mom
K3 Mom visit my blog and take my poo..
Aryan
first time here... from Aryan's! It is actually a lot faster if you leave him there and leave.. maybe spend 15 minutes on the first few days before you leave... but it is very essential that you leave, but make sure you are back to pick him up at the same time every day and you prepare him for it. I will be back after you have your snack or some such timeframe. It is very difficult in the beginning.. but trust me if you follow this routine of leaving completely, and being back at the stipulated time .. it will take a week to 10 days for him to adjust.
how old is your kid btw?
Thanks Aaru, glad to hear you are better and out picking flowers!
Welcome Preethi, trying out the tried and tested method today :( Its just soooo hard!!!! He just turned 18 months a couple of weeks back. I will only be picking up Kutie from daycare, and honey will be dropping him off … just trying to make it a little easier. Of course, honey is already complaining that I am making him look like the ‘evil’ guy and me the ‘good Samaritan’ by this method … but it would be hard for one person to do both because of our work schedules and location of work and daycare. But yes, we will have a fixed time to pick him up and drop off soon enough.
Post a Comment