Site Meter

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I acquiesced

Almost everyone I talk to suggest that we just leave Kutie alone and let him cry and he will learn to stay on alone. So today, without much heart we have left him at daycare (no grandma to help him around), with my parents going to pick him up later today. I know, I know, my brain tells me this is most likely the best way. I still say most likely – only because, no one seems to have tried out any other method than letting kids go at first. Colleagues have stayed on for 5-10 mins and no more, some have tried half days but that’s about it. I am not saying my method will be any better but ….

She never quite leaves her children at home, even when she doesn't take them along. ~Margaret Culkin Banning

Grown don't mean nothing to a mother. A child is a child. They get bigger, older, but grown? What's that suppose to mean? In my heart it don't mean a thing.
~Toni Morrison, Beloved, 1987


Anyways, today he will be alone at daycare. My parents would probably pick him up in a couple of hours, and if all goes well, we could just increase the time over the next two weeks, is the plan.

Thanks little Aryan, for your lovely flowers, it certainly made our day. I will show it to little Kutie in the evening.

I would like to pass it on to my parents, who I am sure are already missing the little guy, being away from them for a couple of hours. With just a few weeks remaining of their trip, I understand how sad they are to leave the little guy. I will be missing my confidante, my support (I know you will be only a phone-call away, but it was just great to have you with us) and Kutie – I am just not sure how he will react. He has grown so attached to his Ammamma – asking her to give him food every time, calling Muthu over to play with him – it will definitely take some time to adjust. He has learned much from them in ways of learning to talk, to pray, and has enjoyed the special attention only grandparents could shower on their grandkids.

I would pass it to my dear son, hope you grow big and strong. I wish you will enjoy your time away from us at the daycare, at school, and always know - we love & adore you.

And last but not the least, I pass it on to my dear honey ... in hopes that I get real ones on the 14th! * hint, hint * :)

I pass the wonderful roses along to -
Cee Kay: I am sure we all need a dozen roses and blessings always. So here's one for you - in hopes that everything works out for you always. It been great to know you through your blog ... hope we keep in touch always.

Hiba's mom: Best wishes always and forever. Sorry I haven't stopped by recently, but things have been busy at our house. (hope this makes up for it) :)

2 comments:

Opal Scraps said...

awwww
thank you so so smuch! how did u know i was waiting for this??
mwwwaaahh

Aryan-Arjun said...

I really liked the quote by Toni morrison. YOu have good collection of quotes.. Feeling sad about grandparents leaving..EEven I will feel the same when my Mom leaves us. How nice grandparents are to their grandchildrens? Aryan loves to hear the crow and vadai story...!!!!
Anyway be brave K3..That what I can advise now. YOu have to advise me the same when Aryan is put in daycare...
Aryan's mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...