Things I would rather spell ...
Now that Kutie has learnt so much, and understands so much, we need to spell the words rather than say it out loud. You ask why? ‘Coz he understands! Duh!
M-i-l-k – No I cannot say “paal” or milk in front of him (or even when he is in other room) he knows it. At times, when I get up from the sofa to warm up the milk, he stops from whatever else he might be into and runs into the kitchen, running, crying desolately that someone would think, we don’t feed him a thing! The milk cup might still be in the microwave, and the seconds are counting down, & you can see him running in circles crying “Paalu, Paalu”, and finally when the microwave buzzes, he holds his arms up so we can hold him and he can see better. Again, he has no patience to give me the time, to pour the milk out into his cup, put some sugar and to close the lid. It’s like “Don’t you know mom, I wanted it 5 minutes ago?"
B-i-s-c-u-i-t – “Can I eat this thing all day? See, Amma I can hold it, break it, eat it, dirty my hands and mouth; its fun Amma … Can you just give it to me, NOW” Sorry Kutie, this is a treat, not the snack that you can eat anytime you are hungry. Can I give you something else … instead of biscuit …….. (Wailing) naaaaaaaaaaaaah! Nah! Nah! Shoot. Now I can’t even go to the shelf where we keep it, for every time I open it, he thinks it’s to take out the b-i-s-c-u-i-t!!!
Other things, that you need to be careful to say to Kutie – Truck – otherwise you better show him one real quick (picture or real), don't tell him you are going to the bathroom (unless you want a 18 month onlooker), wear a Saree and he will continually say "Tummy" - meaning he can see your tummy!
Another thing, tell him you are leaving for work and leave immediately otherwise he will tell you "Bye" and show you to the door as well! :(
3 comments:
Oh no..Kutie..you are a sweety pie..I wish I could see u running round and round saying paalluu...
TRuck is cool...Aryan liked your truck very very much...
Aryan's mom
That is so cute!! I came here through Aryan's mom's blog. Have blogrolled you.
Like your post on the Walmart gift card incident. Believe it or not, this morning I heard a radio program host mention this same thing. Seems like many states have developed laws for similar situations - gift card "scams" by stores.
@ Aryan - Glad you liked the truck, Aryan. Stop by anytime, Kutie is ready to share his truck.
@ Cee Kay - Welcome and Thanks!
Post a Comment