Teaching an old dog new tricks
Well maybe not that old!
I am trying to teach Kutie all the wonderful things there is to learn. He has mastered the art of handshake, kiss, and peek-a-boo (he will close his eyes for a second, and brings one hand up to hide his eyes ... really cute). I thought I was doing great ... and then came the call from my mom.
She told reminded me to teach him how to pray! And thats when it hit me .... why did not I think about it ... such a basic, wonderful thing to learn! To fold your hands, close your eyes, and think about all the blessings that you have ... with a silent thanks! I have been telling Kutie stories of Shree Krishna, Rama and the likes, and often take him to the temple but prayer is such an important aspect - it binds everyone together, it heals.
Well, better late than never. Thanks, mum - there are still so many things I need to learn from you! Love Ya!!
No comments:
Post a Comment