Conversations
So I have been busy with the scavenger hunt over at Amy's ... and having lots of fun doing it. But I think my honey is getting a little jealous of the amount of time that I am spending at blogs! :) I feel like a kid getting to know a new toy - breaking it apart, fixing it, and breaking it apart again ... there are so many things around and I have only touched the surface!
But he does have a point ... so I have decided to get back on track with my 'mommyhood' blog - this blog dedicated to my son and to my parents - so lets get on with the program.
Its been a fairly great time with Kutie - he is growing up beautifully and he entertains us to no end. Even though he does not say much in adult language, seems like we can understand each other perfectly. This reminds of my childhood days.
I remember one time, my best friend and I decided to start a "code" language - we wanted to make sure no one would be able to understand our conversations. We spent a day in coming up with the signs, created a book - with pictures and notes on what we meant to say! (I wonder if my mom still has that book!) We probably used the 'code' language for a week - it was so hard to communicate that we chucked the idea. Between our friend circle, we probably always had a little coded language - mainly to talk about boys!!
It is interesting how language develops and how we use the same language to shut out, part of our very family that teach us how to communicate. Sorry Amma, if you ever felt left out. Clearly there was not much going on - since I don't even remember much of the 'code' or the conversations - though to be honest - they were fun part of my life that I will not trade for anything. Hope you understand! 
No comments:
Post a Comment