Site Meter

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Shoooot!!!

Just got back from Kutie's 9 month appointment, got two news. Bad news, his weight (at 18 lbs) is less and good news, his height (at 29 inches) is great.

Doctor would like to see him in another 6 weeks to ensure that he is gaining weight!! She suggested to add another meal apart from breakfast, lunch, dinner that he has now. Finger foods, added texture and some starch in the diets should help. So now starts a new regime for Kutie.

I wonder, how the averages are pulled. My colleague tells me, her son at nine months was at 17 pounds and is around 18 now - his 1st year b-day is in two weeks! I know of another couple whose little girl was at 17 lbs at her birthday. Though at the same time, I know quite a few kids who are sure to be 20-23+ lbs at their birthdays ....

I guess, every baby and every doctor is different! As long as their is no need for tests and shots I think I will be happy.

I wish, I could just "transfer pounds" :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...