The first day ...
*** I wrote this post on the 18th, but never published it, so back-dating it! ***
Yesterday was Kochunni’s first day. Unfortunately I could not accompany the little guy as I had urgent stuff that I need to get done at work every Mondays so his dad took him in. We deposited the bag of diapers, wipes and lunch and bid adieu. The little guy cried at such a change in setting, as expected but a phone call half our later they told us he is fine and enjoying some coloring work. I called again at 12 and was told that he had his lunch and was now going for his nap. I rushed early from work to pick up the guy and found him playing outside – no tears, just the playful self. I was happy, cross that was very happy!
I talked briefly to the assistant and signed him out and came home. When I asked him how the day was, he kept saying two things over and over again – 1. No cycle (they used to have cycle at his old daycare), 2. Achan poi, Kochunni karieenu, teacher shush… (daddy left, I cried, and the teacher said shush with fingers on his lips action). When pressed, he also claimed that his old buddies – Mihir, Vedant and Rucha came to the new daycare! :)
When we reached home, he asked for a sandwich ; I was surprised – usually he would just try his luck for a cookie, but never real food. Talking I opened his lunch box to find that the sandwich I had packed was untouched, which meant that he was really hungry for the only other things I had packed was some grapes, a banana, a cup of milk and a little slice of pumpkin bread. I quickly made him a butter sandwich and offered it him. And wonders he ate the whole thing. My heart bled!
Today I made rice and dal, hoping that the familiarity of rice might make him eat his lunch. The weird thing though, when I called at 11.30 his teacher said he had already had his lunch and was now going to lie down and read a book before falling to sleep around 12.30. I wonder if it’s the timings of early lunch that’s making him eat less. He never had lunch at 11 and if he does no wonder he would be hungry by 5 PM. I will need to talk to his teacher about the new routine.
We all go through growing pains, I hope this is just that!
2 comments:
i missed so many posts!! :(
good to hear K likes the new place!! hope the lunch thing is sorted out too!
cheers!
abha
~ Abha - :) He is starting to like it, lunch is getting better too. Fingers still crossed!
Post a Comment