Site Meter

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

'Tis was the night ....

Of jubilation's, of tears, of winning! And wonders of wonders, a nation, a world watched an historic event unfold. As Obama made his speech, his words rung true to millions of Americans across the country –“ Yes, we can” do what we set our heart & our minds to do.

And as I see little Kochunni say the same slogan like his favorite TV character I can dream a little dream – maybe the world will be a better place and change is in order. Who knows in another 48 years, he could be running for President himself and would have a fair chance of winning, if he so chose.

"This is our chance to answer that call. This is our moment. This is our time — to put our people back to work and open doors of opportunity for our kids; to restore prosperity and promote the cause of peace; to reclaim the American Dream and reaffirm that fundamental truth that out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism, and doubt, and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people: Yes, we can."

4 comments:

Mystic Margarita said...

I know! What a night! It gave hope to millions of ordinary, regular people that anyone can realize his/her dream in the US - all they need to do is have faith in themselves!

Mama - Mia said...

heres to some new beginnings! :)

cheers!

Preethi said...

I know!! What a night!! I called my dad at midnight to celebrate :)

K 3 said...

~ Rita - so true
~ Abha - Lets hope! :)
~ Preethi - :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...