Site Meter

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The K 3 Way

Last week one of my visitors asked me – what K3 means. So here is the story!

At home, my dad used to call me by my pet name (that he coined) which started with the letter K. When honey and I were married, I told him I cannot do the Malayalee traditional way of calling husbands “ettan” or “chettan” for that sounds to brotherly to me (Please understand if you do, I am not saying its bad or good, it's just that I never had an elder brother (not even an elder cousin bro) so the words to me were sort of revered for I always wanted what I could not have - an elder bro!). So after much discussion we came up with, you guessed it – pet names that started with K for each other. This was not intentional, just something that occurred.

Later in US, while I was still an unemployed girl waiting for my work visa to come through, honey knowing my interest in writing and knowing that I was BORED at home introduced me to Blogger and I decided to set up an account more out of curiosity than anything else. Of course, we had numerous discussions on privacy issues prior to this, plus I wanted to come up with a cool name, but I could never settle on anything. So undecided was I that I went from Bag lady, to Girl-Next-Door, to Just-A-Blog to anything in between.

During these days internet had become my new pal and savior. Every day I would browse around to find unique things that piqued my interest. One time, it was Greek mythology, and I came across the name Kyra – the meaning (lady) and the letter – seemed perfect for my profile. Unfortunately I could not get the blog address with this name and had to come up with something else. It was one of the hot summer days that Dallas is famous for and my brain just fa*ted! Since K was the hot favorite of the day and 3 my lucky number I settled on it.

Now of course, back home, with my little Kochunni I was able to continue the tradition of K’s for pet names. So that’s the story of K 3.

Of course, now that I am using blogger a lot more and visiting cool sites with even cooler sounding names, I envy it. Maybe I should go for Kyra since it still does ring like a "cool" name to me! What say you?

18 comments:

Agn! Sharman said...

hey brand new mother...

Kyra is more of a Dog's name in the country you live now...

K3 is more of a annachi name...

I am sure you can get more creative with all that reading and writing happening every day...

-agnisharman
www.simplymalayalees.com

~nm said...

Whats with this naamkaran business at your hosue? First the kuttie baby and now you? :D

My thoughts on this - I like K3. Why? I relate to you with this nick. So another nick will take time to relate to you!

नाम में आख़िर रखा क्या है... :)

Aryan-Arjun said...

Better don't change your name..I am telling you..
K3 mommy is perfect for Aryan..It means you will have two more kids starting with K letter..
heheeeee
AM

Swati said...

The mystery unfolds ..I always wondered about this though never asked. What I guessed was that u , hubby and kid all have names with K , so that makes it K3. But then i did not know that those are pet names. I also say "DON'T CHANGE".

Anonymous said...

Nah...K3 sounds lot cooler :) You should just keep it.Are u in Dallas...for some reason I thought u were in the Bay Area.

K 3 said...

-agn! Sharman – Creative me? I think I already established that I am not.

-nm – No I am not changing my name. Not today at least :)

-AM – Hee hee, No way girl. One more maybe that’s about it! I want to make sure I still have some hairs remaining on my head ;)

-Swati – Yes Mam, no name change!

-HC – No in Bay area – used to be in Dallas

Lijy said...

Ahhhh... thanks a lot for clearing this out for me. I was really confused, I actually thought u might be having three kids with names starting for k. So stupid of me.

K3 is good. And it sounds powerful, like some machine gun :)

Savani said...

always wondered :) But I like k3 better. Its mysterious. Like a secret sgent or something like that!

K 3 said...

- Ljy - Hee hee! :) No one asked prior so never had to tell the story!

- Dottie - ooo secret agent - now I like that twist! ;) Thanks!

Mama - Mia said...

we like k3! :D

period!

cheers!

abha

ps: kyra sounds very wannabe! ;) tho it is a cool name!

K 3 said...

- abha - Thanks!

The Gypsy said...

hehe cool..but K3 is way cooler than Kyra! :)
I read DAllas and I was so excited..then read that you have moved :(
Trish

Mystic Margarita said...

Hey...K3 is a really cool name! :) Loved the history behind it.

K 3 said...

- Gypsy - Sorry, but still have family around, if the economy doesn't improve we might move back! ;)

- Mystic Margarita - Thank U!

rayshma said...

umm.. kyra is my pet tiger cub. and i louve the name! :)
i like K3, tho... now i've come to associate it with u
p.s.: if u WANT to change something, could u pliss remove word verification?

K 3 said...

Ray - Yes I have seen her - she is cute! ;)

UR Wish - my Command! :) Will keep word verification off for a few weeks! Aur kuch?

Anonymous said...

hmm My nickname in my earlier office was K2 :-)

K 3 said...

@ Lost - hmm whats the story behind that? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...