Site Meter

Monday, August 11, 2008

Roobaroo

When I started to blog my regular readers were my parents and occasionally my husband. Then I started to get some hits and as I started visiting other blogs, reading, commenting; I started to get a steady readership. Few weeks later I had made friends. Yes friends, who laughed and cried at my parenting blues, friends who stopped by while I was asleep and dropped a kind word that lifted my spirits the next day. Friends who became part of my family. Then of course the mega shower happened that helped build bridges across national boundaries, time zones and continents. It was during this time that I grew closer to DDMom – a woman I have grown to admire, respect and love.

Realizing that we were living so close to each other, we emailed on a possibility of meeting and even setting up play date – with her adorable girls and my brat. We decided on a date, the time, the venue to meet. But it was not meant to be. After weeks of emails & phone calls we decided it was now or never, especially with an impending trip over the horizon.

Quick thinking as she is, DDMom suggested we meet for lunch. So on a warm Thursday afternoon we met at Chipotle (a Mexican restaurant). Munching crisp tacos, we chatted about her final days in the bay area, about our kids (what else) and ourselves. Soon the hour was up & we had to part ways. I had to get back to work, while she had to rush back to Dlittle.

DDMom, I really enjoyed our quickie meeting. It was what I had hoped for (except for my klutz behavior – I misplaced my keys right in my pocket :D) and much much more. I hope you have reached home safely and slowly settling into your new wonderful adventure.

Here’s to your ride!!! Cheers!

14 comments:

~nm said...

Good hai ji! Share some pics pls On the group!

Preethi said...

really nice... and I love chipotle as well as the bay area {wink}

K 3 said...

~nm - ah, we never did take any! :(

~preethi - come on over :)

Mira's mom said...

Hey K3, first time here! I'm sure you guys had great time together! I really relate to the first part of the post of how me slowly build friends in the blogging world - am surely in the process of making some :-) Cheers!

Mama - Mia said...

:)

sounds like total fun!!

cheers!

abha

K 3 said...

~mira's mom - Welcome!

~Abha - I am of course waiting for another round of Bangalore meet when I come visiting :)

Anonymous said...

Hey...share some pics :) Glad to know you had a nice time!

Preity Angel... said...

Its good you guys enjoyed..

K 3 said...

~ HC - we were lucky we met, and chatted away so much - no one thought of taking pics! of course now I regret it the most! :(

~ Angel - thanks!

Preethi said...

actually I used to live there.. sometime back.. In Union City.. best place.. loved my walks and train trips with Cheeky!! :P

Mystic Margarita said...

Sounds like fun! :) Wish we lived closer!

Lijy said...

happy that u guys had a nice time...

:)

Aryan-Arjun said...

Hope to meet you soon...
AM

K 3 said...

~ preethi - come back! :D

~ MM - me too

~ lijy - thx!

~ AM - it would be fun indeed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...