Site Meter

Monday, July 21, 2008

Tall Tales

Some random chit-chat --

Kochunni goes to a family daycare – basically a daycare that’s run in the back of house, its usually limited to 4-10 kids so has a friendly environment. Currently at his daycare he has a new ‘aunty’. She is a Punjabi lady who doesn’t really chat with you – just smiles and bring Kochunni’s bag to me. I assume she does not know Hindi or English.

A few days ago while getting Kochunni ready for daycare – I said to him
“Get ready soon, don’t we have to go play with your friends” Kochunni goes on to name all his friends. I take the opportunity and ask him about his teachers/aunties – You play with aunty S right. He shakes his head and says I play with Deepa Aunty. I say yes you like her. What about the other aunty? What’s her name? He looks at me for a sec and says “Vasudha” I am impressed. I go on to tell my husband about it. We are extremely pleased at his memory.

That evening while picking him up from daycare I ask Aunty S – so is that new lady’s name Vasudha – she looks surprised and says no. No one here was named Vashudha! We are dumbstruck.

When I get home I ask Kochunni again what is her name – he sticks to his guns – Her name is Vasudha. Rather than fight him, I use a different tactic, Who told you so? I ask. He replies “Achan” (daddy)




I smell poop. Let’s go Kochunni – need to change the diaper. Noooooooooooo! Come on or you will get a rash soon – lets go.

Unjah!

Huh?

Unjah!

Oh you want to wait 5 minutes?
** nodding his head in a yes **

That’s too long sweetie, let’s go

Moo-nah

Three? Now you want to wait 3 minutes!
Darn! When did you become such a good negotiator?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was funny. What did he mean by saying his dad told him the lady's name is Vasudha?

Aryan-Arjun said...

Wow..he is really a good negociator...

AM

Preethi said...

great negotiation!! haha!!

Savani said...

lol. I use the same tactic. "Who told you that?" :D:D

K 3 said...

@homecooked - Thx! I think that was his way of shutting me up. Of course, I gave hubby a hard time about having a GF! :D

@AM - yes turning out to be a good one

@ Swati - :) How was the party?

@ Preethi - thx!

@ Dottie - :)

Mystic Margarita said...

LOL at your reply to the Vasudha mystery! And he is a very good negotiator! :)

Mama - Mia said...

hahaha!!

negotiating already!! god i cant wait to hear cuby talk now!! :)

cheers!

abha

Lijy said...

That was fun :)

Hugs to Kochunni..

K 3 said...

Mystic Margarita - :D

Abha - this is a fun age, except for the tantrums! ;)

Lijy - Thx!

Preity Angel... said...

hahah what a lovely post k3.. I love it.

~nm said...

Sorry for being so late in posting a comment but what to do..office had been so damn hectic!

Good that you learn't early how good negotiators they can be :D

K 3 said...

@ Angel - Thank you

@ NM - No worries, I haven't stopped by my own blog in a few days ... tht should tell you something na! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...