A time traveller
Years ago, I had met one my dad's friends who had just retired then. When my dad asked him about how he spends his time now, he chuckled and said that he is having a time of his life! He is now able to spend hours on end with his grandson - playing, napping, eating and seeing things through innocent little eyes. He mentioned that he was unable to do the same with his own two sons, since he was often busy at work. I remember this incident now, every time I am at work, away from my little one.
Time is such a intricate part of life and its best seen through the eyes of your parents and children. Parents can tell you stories of what even you might have forgotten from your past, of bygone years, of ways to do things that are today unheard of… Today I see it though my son. Each day, he is doing something new – saying a new word or even trying to say it, because it wasn’t there yesterday and he will soon grow out it!
In another 25 years, it might be my son writing up a blogs about his mother – her ‘old’ ways that now interfere with the his ‘new’ thinking! Ah! the pains of growing up ...
No comments:
Post a Comment