Site Meter

Friday, July 06, 2007

A Star Birthday

T-minus 8

Like many cultures, we follow the lunar calender for all the big events - birthdays, weddings. For birthdays, we follow nakshathira birthday or the star birthday - the star that you were born under. This generally means that you get two birthdays! One is your 'star' birthday and one the actual birthday (date of birth). The star birthday is a bit complicated because it is based on the lunar cycle and the patterns of solar system. There is no constant date of your star birthday. One year it might be a week before, next year it might days later. Either way, as a kid you get to enjoy two days of fun - and believe me thats all that matters!

Today is Kutie's Star Birthday - and it actually falls on the day he was supposed to arrive - I don't know if I should look for any *hidden* meanings - but its a nice coincidence.

Since its a big day I took PTO from work and decided to have a fun time with the little guy before all the guests start to arrive next week. I wanted to make it special family event. I was hoping to either go to the zoo if the weather was not too hot or go hang out in the pool - apart from the daily birthday oriented festivities of food, going to the temple, new clothes and of course presents!

Going out unfortunately did not materialize, but I still had a great time with Kutie. Kutie got up around 7 & after giving him a quick bath, he said his prayers (Such a cute thing - he will fold his hands and just babble something out) We opened the Lego Dump Truck that we got for him. Of course he still doesn't understand playing with the blocks, but he was quite happy with the dump truck and was pushing it everywhere around the house. I prepared a small sadya(feast), with the usual Malayalam dishes and of course payasam.

Since I had promised myself not to be sitting at the computer today, I played with him all day long. Only break was when he took his afternoon nap and I watched some TV.

It was a great relaxing on a hot summer day.

HAPPY STAR BIRTHDAY, My Dearest Son

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...