The Seven-Year Itch
Does it exist? Or is it like the Friday the 13th scare (of course this Friday is a 13th, so we will see)
Well, we are in our 7th year of marriage, and I think this is all a big hoax!! If it did, my parents missed their quite a few of their chances. Yes I agree marriages do fail, but if your love is strong it can go through anything. Of course its not easy...
Marriage means being a team, being together, being each others cheerleader! It also means being each other's critic, being each other friend (and friends do have arguments) and being each others advocate. There might be days when one is down, or needs that extra hug! While on other days one wants their own space. One thing to remember is that the person you love had a different lifestyle, a different upbringing (you might like bullseye, he might like an egg white omelet) but you love him/her for their differences. There is definitely a learning curve in understanding this complicated being that you love - its not easy, but its possible!
These are a few other wonderful thoughts that I have come to love ~
Happy marriages begin when we marry the ones we love, and they blossom when we love the ones we marry. ~ Tom Mullen
There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. ~ George Sand
It is only possible to live happily ever after on a day to day basis. ~Margaret Bonnano
I don't have any major advice, because I think we still have miles to go - but I do hope that we both live happily ever after and grow old together!
Good luck to all couples!
4 comments:
I like what you said. I especially like the quote about living happily ever after on a day to day basis. That's so true.
Thanks for chiming in on the topic. I'm going to add your link to Mr. Linky.
Oh sorry, you already linked. I think I'm tired.....sigh
The Man and I share the same hope! :o)
I love that quote by George Sand. And you are right, respecting the differences between, embracing them even, is key. :)
Post a Comment